Gobi 65 | Cauliflower 65 is a popular dish made by deep frying cauliflower florets coated in spicy batter, served as an appetizer/ starter in Indian restaurants. Come, let’s see how to make this perfect, crispy and tasty recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For parboiling cauliflower:
- 1 medium sized cauliflower, cut into small equal sized florets
- Water- 2 cups
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
For the Batter:
- All purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Baking soda – 2 pinches
- Salt- as required
- Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Water- for making the batter
Oil- for deep frying
- Preparation: Cut the cauliflower into florets and discard the stem part. Wash well and set aside.
- To parboil the cauliflower: Boil 2 cups water and add turmeric and salt. Switch off the flame and add the cauliflower florets into it and keep it covered for 10 minutes.
3. Add the items under “for the batter” to a bowl and add water to it gradually to make a thick batter.
4. Add 8-10 cauliflower florets in the batter at a time and coat evenly.
5. Heat oil in a pan in medium flame and add the cauliflower florets carefully into hot oil.
6. Deep fry the florets till golden brown (should be crispy). Drain the excess oil on paper towel.