Vegetable Fried Rice is a popular Indo-Chinese main course dish made with crisp vegetables fried to perfection and mixed with long grains of cooked basmati rice in high flame. Come, let’s see how to make this perfect recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Cuisine: Indo- Chinese
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
For cooking rice:
- Basmati Rice- 1.5 cups
- Water- 2.25 cups
For Vegetable Stir-fry:
- Garlic- 4 pods
- Spring onion white- 6 finely chopped
- Spring onion green- 6 sprigs finely chopped
- Capsicum – 1/4 finely chopped
- Carrot- 1
- Beans- 10
- Cabbage- 1 cup
- White pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Ajinomoto- 1 tsp
- Salt- as required
- Soy sauce- 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar- 1 tsp
- Sesame oil- 2 tbsp
1. Preparation: Finely chop garlic, spring onion (white and green separately), capsicum, carrot, beans, and cabbage and set aside.
2. Cook Rice: Soak basmati rice in water for 30 minutes and pressure cook for 2 whistles. After the whistle releases, fluff with fork to separate grains and transfer the rice on a large plate and cool down completely (You can refrigerate for 20 minutes for faster cooling). You can also make it with leftover basmati rice.
3. Heat sesame oil in a pan and sauté garlic and spring onion whites
4.Add capsicum and cabbage and sauté for a minute
5. Add carrot and beans and cook for 2 minutes. Add spice powders along with soy sauce and vinegar and give a quick stir
6. Cook in medium high flame for two minutes so that the spices blend with the vegetables.
7. Add the cooked rice and spring onion greens, mix carefully and cook for 2 minutes in low flame and serve hot with any spicy gravy/ manchurian. Delicious restaurant style veg fried rice is ready to eat.