Baby Potato Roast is an easy and tasty accompaniment for rice with sambhar, rasam, dal or curd rice. It is made by roasting boiled baby potatoes in spicy blend of red chilli powder, sambhar powder and coriander powder and seasoned with garlic. Come, let’s see how to make this perfect and quick recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Cuisine: South Indian
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- Baby potatoes- 20
- Garlic- 6 (finely chopped)
- Salt- as required
- Kashmiri red chilli powder- 1.5 tsp (or) Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Sambhar powder- 1 tsp
- Oil- 3 tbsp
1. Preparation: Boil baby potatoes in pressure cooker for 4 whistles. Peel the skin and cut into halves.
2. Heat a pan in medium flame and add oil, chopped garlic and fry till golden.
3. Lift the pan from the flame and add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder directly in the oil. (NOTE: Kashmiri red chilli powder is less spicy than regular red chilli powder and gives a bright red colour)
4. Immediately add the boiled potatoes to avoid burning of the spice powders and place it back on the flame and fry for a minute.
5. Add sambhar powder and roast till the edges are roasted. (Optionally, you can add 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder along with sambhar powder if the baby potatoes look dull) Serve with rice along with sambhar, rasam, dal or with curd rice.