Peanut Garlic Chutney is an authentic accompaniment for various types of idly and dosa made by grinding roasted peanuts, garlic and red chilli and seasoned with mustard seeds, and curry leaves. Come, let’s see how to make this perfect recipe at home in a jiffy with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Cuisine: South Indian
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Peanuts- 1/3 cup
- Salt – as required
- Garlic- 2 pods
- Red chilli- 1
- Kashmiri red chilli- 1
- Oil- 1/2 tsp
- Water- for grinding
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Mustard- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
1. Preparation: peel and chop garlic into small pieces and set aside.
2. Heat a pan in medium flame and dry roast the peanuts until crispy. Peel the skin and add to small mixer jar. If you are using already roasted and peeled peanuts, skip this step.
3. Heat 1/2 tsp oil in the same pan and roast the chillies till crispy and add to the mixer jar.
4. In the same pan, add garlic and roast till golden and add to the mixer jar along with salt.
5. Grind to a fine paste by adding enough water.
6. Heat 1 tsp oil in the same pan and add mustard seeds and allow to splutter. Switch off the flame and add curry leaves.
7. Add the tempering to the chutney and serve with idly or dosa. Delicious and flavourful garlic peanut chutney is ready to eat.