Brownie is a square, baked, chocolate dessert made with flour, sugar, eggs, butter and cocoa powder. Brownie may include nuts, frosting, cream cheese or chocolate chips. Brownies are accompanied by milk, served warm with ice cream, topped with whipped cream, or sprinkled with powdered sugar. This version of eggless brownies is moist, dense and fudgy like a rich chocolate cake, however the classic brownies require egg for the consistency. Come, let’s see how to make this perfect and tasty recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 350° F (or 180° C) for 28-33 minutes
Makes: 16 pieces
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Granulated Sugar- 1 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- 1/3 cup
- Baking powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt- 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil- 1/2 cup
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
1. To a large mixing bowl, add all the items under “Dry ingredients” and mix using a wired whisk.
2. Add the “wet ingredients” and mix well to form a smooth lump free batter.
3. Grease a 8×8 square pan with few drops of oil and cut parchment paper into 8×8 and place it on the pan.
5. Pour the brownie batter into the greased pan and tap well to remove air bubbles. Level the top of the batter with spatula.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 °F (or 180 °C) and bake for 28-33 minutes and once done, insert a toothpick and see if it comes out clean.
7. Cool on a cooling rack until warm to touch and carefully remove it and place on plate.
8. While it is cooling, prepare the frosting and keep it ready (recipe below). Once the brownie is warm to touch, apply the frosting on top of the brownie. Cut into 16 pieces and serve.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 0 minutes
Makes: frosting for 8×8 inch brownie
- Softened Salted Butter/ Vegan Butter- 1/2 stick
- Powdered Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- 3 tbsp
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Oil- a drop
1. Keep the butter on countertop at least 1 hour before to soften it (or) heat in microwave for 30 seconds at 30% power and if not softened, 15 seconds at 30% power. Use 2 tbsp from the softened butter.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add cocoa powder, honey, vanilla extract and sugar. Mix well with wired whisk or spatula or hand mixer until it forms creamy consistency. Delicious and easy brownie frosting is ready to use.
Delicious and moist eggless brownie is ready to eat. Warm it in microwave for 30 seconds just before serving and top it with vanilla icecream and chocolate syrup and enjoy!