Bread and Jam are a delicious combination for any time of the year. This is a toasted version of the classic bread jam sandwich with a twist: coconut and is made as a roll instead of sandwich. It is a specialty of Indian bakeries and can be made within 15 minutes for a quick breakfast or evening snack. Come, let’s see how to make this easy and tasty recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Cuisine: Indian/ British
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Bread- 8 slices
- Fruit Jam- 8 tsp
- Grated Coconut- 8 tsp
- Butter- 4 tsp
- Milk- 2 tbsp
1. Trim the edges of the bread with a sharp knife and discard the outer brown part.
2. Flatten the bread with a rolling pin to form thin flat sheet.
3. Spread the jam on the bread and sprinkle coconut evenly on the bread.
4. Roll the bread to form a cylinder and seal the edges with milk. Repeat the process with the remaining slices. (I have shown 6 here)
6. Heat 1/2 tsp butter in a pan. When it is hot, place 3 rolls on it and toast till it turns golden brown.
7. Gently turn the rolls, add butter and toast on all the sides. Repeat the process with remaining rolls. Serve warm for breakfast or as a evening snack. Delicious and easy Bread jam coconut roll is ready to eat!\