Samosa Chana is a popular Indian street style chaat that is a combination of crispy samosa and spicy chana masala/ chickpeas gravy. It made by adding crushed samosa into chana masala gravy and seasoned with spicy, sweet and tangy sauces along with fresh cut onions and coriander leaves. The key is to make samosa and chana masala on the same day or two consecutive days so that you can store one of them in fridge for one day and prepare the other on the next day. I would suggest to make chana masala on the previous day and samosa on the next day so that the samosa are hot and crispy when you make the samosa chana. Come, let’s see how to make this perfect recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Cuisine: North Indian
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Samosa– 4
- Prepared Chana masala gravy– 2 cups
- Green chutney- 2 tbsp
- Sweet chutney- 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Sev- 1/2 cup
Click for Samosa and Chana Masala recipe
1. Preparation: Finely chop onions and coriander leaves and keep all the ingredients ready. Heat the chana masala and samosa just before making this dish as it tastes the best when hot!
2. To the serving bowl, add 1/2 cup of hot chana masala gravy, 1/2 tbsp green chutney and 1/2 tbsp sweet chutney.
3. Break 1 samosa roughly and add to the chana gravy and sprinkle two pinches of chaat masala. Add onion and coriander leaves as required.
4. Finally sprinkle sev as required. It is usually served in layers; you can mix while eating. Repeat the above steps for more servings as one bowl of this lip smacking samosa chana will never be enough. Delicious and flavourful street style samosa chana chaat is ready to eat.