Brownie is a square, baked, chocolate dessert made with flour, sugar, eggs, butter and cocoa powder. Brownie may include nuts, frosting, cream cheese or chocolate chips. Brownies are accompanied by milk, served warm with ice cream, topped with whipped cream, or sprinkled with powdered sugar. This version of brownies is rich, dense and fudgy and it is certainly better than the store bought ones. If you are looking for the perfect brownie recipe, this is it! Come, let’s see how to make this tasty recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking temperature and time: 350° F (or 180° C) for 28-33 minutes
Makes: 16 pieces
- Unsalted Butter- 1 stick
- Granulated Sugar- 1 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- 1/3 cup
- All purpose flour- 1/2 cup
- Baking powder- 1/4 tsp
- Eggs- 2 (NOTE: Egg is required for the perfect textured brownies, the eggless brownies are more dense and resemble a chocolate cake)
1. Place the butter in a mixing bowl and heat in microwave for 45-60 seconds until it melts completely.
2. Add sugar to it and mix well using a wired whisk/ hand mixer
3. Add eggs, vanilla extract and beat well.
4. Add cocoa powder and mix carefully to incorporate well
5. Now add all purpose flour slowly and combine well into a thick batter.
6. Apply 1/2 tsp butter to a 8 inch square pan and dust with 1 tsp flour to coat well. This is done to easily take out the baked brownie. Alternatively, you can place parchment paper on the pan (or) apply oil on the sides of the pan.
Pour the brownie batter into the greased pan using a spatula and tap well to remove air bubbles. Level the top of the batter with spatula.
7. Preheat the oven to 350° F (or 180° C) and bake for 28-33 minutes and once done, insert a toothpick and see if it comes out clean. The top of the brownie will look flaky and inside will be moist and dense.
Cool on a cooling rack until warm to touch and carefully remove it and place on plate. While it is cooling, prepare the frosting and keep it ready (recipe below).
9. Once the brownie is warm to touch, apply the frosting on top of the brownie. Cut into 16 pieces and serve.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 0 minutes
Makes: frosting for 8×8 inch brownie
- Softened Salted Butter/ Vegan Butter- 1/2 stick
- Powdered Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- 3 tbsp
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Oil- a drop
1. Keep the butter on countertop at least 1 hour before to soften it (or) heat in microwave for 30 seconds at 30% power and if not softened, 15 seconds at 30% power. Use 2 tbsp from the softened butter.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add cocoa powder, honey, vanilla extract and sugar. Mix well with wired whisk or spatula or hand mixer until it forms creamy consistency. Delicious and easy brownie frosting is ready to use.
Delicious, rich and fudgy brownies are ready to eat.