Onion Raita is a popular Indian side dish for biryani, pulao and other rice varieties and also for roti and paratha. It is a very simple dish made by adding chopped/ shredded onions, green chilles and coriander leaves to fresh curd/ yogurt. Come, let’s see how to make this easy recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- Fresh thick curd/ yogurt- 1 cup
- Onion- 1
- Green chilli- 1
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbsp
- Salt- as required
- Sugar- 1/2 tsp (optional)
1. Preparation: Finely shred the onions and chop the green chilli and coriander leaves and keep all the ingredients ready.
2. To a small mixing bowl, add onions, sugar and salt and mix well.
3. Add green chilli, coriander leaves and thick curd/ yogurt (Use thick and fresh curd for the creamy raita. If your curd is not thick enough, put it in a strainer for 10 minutes and take the thick curd collected on top and keep it inside the refrigerator for an hour)
4. Mix well and refrigerate until use. Serve with biryani, pulao, variety rice or roti. Delicious and easy onion raita is ready to eat.