Bombay Sandwich is an easy no-cook veg sandwich made with ingredients that are readily available at home. It is a specialty of Indian sandwich shops and can be made within 10 minutes for a quick breakfast or evening snack. Come, let’s see how to make this easy and tasty recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Bread- 8 slices
- Onion- 1
- Tomato- 1
- Cucumber- 1/2
- Boiled Whole Potato- 1
- Green sandwich chutney- 4 tsp
- Salt- as required
- Pepper powder- as required
- Chaat masala- 1/2 tsp (optional)
1. Preparation: Slice the onion, tomato, cucumber and boiled potato into thin slices and set aside.
2. Trim the edges of the bread with a sharp knife and discard the outer brown part.
3. Add 1/2 tsp of green sandwich chutney on each bread slice and spread evenly.
NOTE: You can use store bought sandwich chutney for this sandwich. For easy homemade sandwich chutney, grind 1/2 cup coriander leaves, 1/4 tsp chaat masala and 1/2 green chilli with little water into a fine paste.
4. Place a slice of onion, 4 slices of tomato over the onion, 4 slices of cucumber over the tomato and 4 slices of potato over the cucumber and assemble the sandwich.
5. Sprinkle salt, pepper and chaat masala (if adding).
6. Close the sandwich with another slice of bread and cut into 4 and serve. Serve for breakfast or as a evening snack. Delicious and easy Bombay sandwich is ready to eat!