Ginger Cardamom Tea is a popular Indian tea prepared in all Indian homes and Indian restaurants, cafés and tea shops. The milk is boiled in a vessel on stove top until frothy and sugar and tea powder are added to it along with ginger and cardamom and boiled till golden color. The ginger and cardamom make the tea aromatic and flavorful. This tea is perfect on evenings, especially during rain. Come, let’s see how to make this delighting tea at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Milk- 3 cups
- Tea powder- 4 tsp
- Sugar- 5 tsp (adjust according to your taste)
- Cardamom powder- 1/2 tsp (OR) Cardamom- 4 pods
- Crushed ginger- 1.5 tbsp
1. Preparation: Powder cardamom in a mixer and crush ginger and set aside. You can also crush the ginger and cardamom together in a mortar and pestle.
2. Heat milk in a thick bottomed vessel until frothy and it rises.
3. Lower the flame and add ginger, cardamom, sugar and tea powder.
4. Allow to boil for 5 to 6 minutes or until it gets the desired golden colour.
5. Filter using a tea strainer and pour into serving cups and enjoy with your favorite cookies or tea time snack. Delicious and flavorful ginger cardamom tea is ready to serve.