Hot Chocolate | Hot Cocoa is a popular sweet chocolate drink made with milk, cocoa powder and sugar. In this recipe, sugar and cocoa powder are added to a vessel and mixed with boiling water and the milk is added to it and heated until frothy and flavorful. It can be topped with whipped cream or marshmallows. Hot chocolate is perfect for any time of the year, especially during winter. Come, let’s see how to make this delighting hot chocolate at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Milk- 3 cups
- Boiling water- 1/3 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- 1/3 cup
- Sugar- 1/2 cup (adjust according to your taste)
- Salt- a pinch
- Vanilla extract- 1/2 tsp
- Heavy cream/ Half and half- 1/2 cup
- Whipped cream- as required for topping
1. Add cocoa powder, sugar and salt to a saucepan and add boiling water to it and mix well until sugar and cocoa dissolve and form a smooth lump free consistency.
2. Heat in medium flame until hot. Stir continuously to avoid burning.
3. Add milk and vanilla extract to it and allow to heat but not boil.
4. Once it is hot, switch off. Add half and half or heavy cream to serving mugs and pour the hot chocolate. Top with whipped cream or marshmallow. Serve hot and enjoy the winter! Delicious and easy hot chocolate is ready to serve!