Strawberry Jam is a delicious and easy jam made with fresh strawberries and sugar. Strawberries are ground to a fine paste and boiled with sugar and lemon juice until thick jam like consistency. It is a perfect addition to bread sandwich, Peanut Butter Jelly, Strawberry mug cake and so on. This recipe can be made within 15 minutes with zero artificial colour and preservatives. Come, let’s see how to make this easy and tasty recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Fresh Strawberries- 20
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Salt- a pinch
- Lemon- 1/2
1. Wash and clean the strawberries and remove the green leafy part along with the pit.
TIP: You can use a strong straw from the bottom and push it upwards to remove it easily.
2. Grind the strawberries to a fine thick puree without adding water.
3. Add the strawberry puree to a non-stick sauce pan along with sugar and lemon juice.
4. Heat in medium flame with constant stirring and scrape the sides to avoid burning and sticking to the pan.
5. Continue to heat until the moisture evaporates and the mixture thickens to a jam like consitency. This takes around 12 to 15 minutes.
6. When the mixture becomes dark red and glossy, switch off and allow to cool. The jam thickens on cooling. Store in an air tight glass or ceramic jar inside refrigerator for up to a month. The mentioned measurements are for a small batch, you can double or triple the recipe to suit your requirement. This strawberry jam is perfectly soft and spreadable, enjoy with bread for a quick breakfast or evening snack. Delicious and easy strawberry jam is ready to eat!