Vegetable soup is a popular healthy soup made with tomato, carrot, beans and peas. This version of vegetable soup is my mother in-law’s recipe and it is easy to make with simple ingredients and lightly spiced to make it a comfort food, especially during winter. Come, let’s see how to make this easy and healthy recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Tomato- 2 medium
- Carrot- 1 large
- French Beans- 10
- Green peas- 1/4 cup
- Garlic- 4 pods (optional)
- Water- 1.5 cups + 1 cup (for diluting)
- Salt- as required
- Pepper powder- 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves- 1 tsp
1. Preparation: Chop carrot and beans into long strips and set aside. Peel the garlic and chop the coriander leaves.
2. Pressure cook whole tomato, carrot, beans, peas and garlic (if adding) with 1.5 cups of water for 3 whistles.
2. Strain the water and set aside. Peel the skin of tomato and grind all the vegetables (along with tomato and garlic) into a fine paste.
3. Add the ground paste to a sauce pan and add the strained water. Dilute with more water if the soup is too thick. I added 1 cup of water.
4. Bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes until the desired consistency is reached. Switch off and add coriander leaves and serve hot. Hot and delicious vegetable soup is ready to serve.