Fruit Salad is a delicious and easy dessert made with fresh fruits and nuts. This version of fruit salad can be made within 10 minutes with healthy honey dressing. You can add your favorite sweet fruits and nuts to it besides the ones mentioned in the recipe. This recipe is from my perima (aunt) Kamala who usually made it for 30- 35 people for our family gathering twice a year; she also adds chopped dates and jack fruit to the fruit salad to make it sweeter and richer. I added the fruits I had at home. Come, let’s see how to make this easy and tasty recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
- Apple- 1
- Banana- 1
- Mango- 1
- Pineapple- 1/4 (or) Chopped Pineapple- 1/2 cup
- Seedless Grapes- 20
- Pomegranate- 1/2 cup
- Walnuts- 1/4 cup
- Raisins- 1/4 cup
- Cashew- 1/4 cup
- Honey- 4 tbsp (or) as required
- Salt- a pinch
1. Chop the apple, mango and pineapple into small chunks, slice the banana and if your grapes are large, cut the grapes into half and set aside. Keep all the ingredients ready.
2. Add the fruits and nuts into a mixing bowl and add honey.
3. Add a pinch of salt to balance the sweetness and mix well. Serve immediately for the best taste. Delicious fruit and nut salad with honey dressing is ready to eat!
NOTE: If you like the fruit salad chilled, refrigerate the fruits before chopping for at least 1 hour before use (or) refrigerate the fruit salad before adding salt and add salt just before serving and mix well.