Cucumber Raita is a healthy Indian side dish for biryani, pulao and other rice varieties and also for roti and paratha. This version is an easy raita made by adding grated cucumber to fresh curd/ yogurt along with flavorful spices. Come, let’s see how to make this easy recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- Fresh thick curd/ yogurt- 1 cup
- Cucumber- 1
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbsp
- Salt- as required
- Red chilli powder- 1/4 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder- 1/4 tsp
1. Preparation: Peel the skin and grate the cucumber and finely chop the coriander leaves and keep all the ingredients ready.
2. To a small mixing bowl, add curd and salt. Beat well with a wired whisk until creamy.
3. Add red chilli powder and roasted cumin powder and mix well. Add cucumber and coriander leaves to it.
4. Mix well and garnish with cucumber and coriander leaves. Refrigerate until use. Serve with biryani, pulao, variety rice or roti. Delicious and healthy cucumber raita is ready to eat.