Tomato Onion Raita is an easy Indian side dish for biryani, pulao and other rice varieties and also for roti and paratha. This simple version is made by adding finely chopped onion, tomato, green chilli and coriander leaves to fresh curd/ yogurt. Come, let’s see how to make this easy recipe at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- Fresh thick curd/ yogurt- 1 cup
- Onion- 1/2
- Tomato- 1 (small)
- Green chilli- 1
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbsp
- Salt- as required
- Sugar- a pinch (optional)
1. Preparation: Finely chop the onion, tomato, green chilli and coriander leaves and keep all the ingredients ready.
2. To a small mixing bowl, add curd, sugar and salt. Beat well with a wired whisk until creamy.
3. Add onion, tomato, green chilli and coriander leaves to it. Mix well and garnish with tomato, onion and coriander leaves. Refrigerate until use. Serve with biryani, pulao, variety rice or roti. Delicious and easy onion tomato raita is ready to eat.