Mango Lassi is an easy and delicious sweet drink made with Mango pulp and curd/yogurt. It is perfect for any time of the year and is a great way to use the mango/ mango pulp in stock. This lassi comes handy if you do not have time to make breakfast; simply blend all ingredients together and make it in less than 5 minutes. Come, let’s see how to make this delighting Mango Lassi at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Author: PRIYA SRINIVAS
Cuisine: Indian/ Punjabi
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- Mango pulp- 3/4 cup (OR) Mango- 1 small
- Fresh Curd/ Yogurt- 3/4 cup
- Sugar- 2 tbsp (adjust according to taste)
- Cardamom powder- 1/8 tsp
- Milk- 1/4 to 1/2 cup (Optional: to adjust consistency)
1. Chop mango as shown and add the pieces to a blender and make a smooth puree. If you are using store bought mango pulp, skip this step.
2. Add curd, cardamom powder and sugar and blend or whip until smooth. If the consistency is too thick, add required quantity of milk and blend. Transfer the lassi to glass and top with mango puree and cardamom powder if desired and consume immediately. Delicious Mango Lassi is ready to serve!
- Always use fresh and thick curd for lassi;
- It tastes best with plain curd.
- Do not store the lassi for a long time if you add milk. If you are using only curd, wrap the glass with cling wrap/ aluminium foil and place it in refrigerator and consume within a day.