Rose Milk is a quick and refreshing drink made with milk and rose syrup. Rose milk is my favorite drink from my childhood; it brings lot of memories: my brother and I used to go to the near by juice shop after school almost everyday just to drink rose milk and almond milk. My dad used to buy rose milk from the same shop while returning from work; my parents still enjoy the delicious rose milk in Chennai, I miss those times so much here in the US!! So I made this rose milk with fresh homemade rose syrup in an attempt to relive the olden days; it came out so well just like the one from my school days. BUT I was shocked to learn that this was the first time Srini tasted Rose milk in his lifetime (may be because he doesn’t consume dairy) but he was surprised by the taste and he instantly loved it!
Rose milk is perfect for the approaching summer and is a great way to use the milk in stock. This comes handy when you have prepared the rose syrup; simply mix 3 tbsp of the rose syrup in a cup of milk and serve optionally with a few ice cubes. You can easily make it in less than 2 minutes; it is time to say goodbye to the store bought rose milk with tonnes of preservatives. Come, let’s see how to make this refreshing rose milk at home with easy method and step by step pictures.
Rose Milk | Delicious Summer Drink
- Homemade Rose Syrup – 6 tbsp
- Boiled and chilled Milk – 2 cups
- Ice cubes – 10 (optional)
- Place the ice cubes in 2 glasses and add 3 tbsp rose syrup to each glass. (Add ice cubes only for immediate consumption)
- Add 1 cup chilled milk to each glass and mix well with a spoon. Delicious Rose milk is ready to serve! Beat the summer heat!
- Always use boiled and chilled milk for the best taste.
- Try to use full fat milk instead of 2% or skimmed milk for this recipe.
- Adjust the quantity of rose syrup and milk according to the flavor of the syrup.
- Adding ice cubes is totally optional. If you are adding ice cubes, consume immediately as the ice will melt in some time and make the rose milk watery.
- If preparing few hours ahead, keep the rose milk refrigerated until use and add ice cubes just before consumption.
How to make Rose milk?
1. Place the ice cubes in 2 glasses (if adding) and add the 3 tbsp rose syrup to each glass. (Add ice cubes only for immediate consumption).
2. Add 1 cup chilled milk to each glass and mix well with a spoon. Delicious Rose milk is ready to serve! Beat the summer heat!