Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 18 to 20 minutes at 180 C / 350 F
Makes: 36-40 biscuits
• All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 cup
• Softened Salted Butter- 1 stick or 1/2 cup
• Powdered Sugar- 1/2 cup
• Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
1. Keep the butter on countertop at least 1-2 hours before to soften it (or) heat in microwave for 30 seconds at 30% power and if not softened, microwave for another 15 seconds at 30% power. Do not melt it completely.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy using a hand mixer.
3. Add vanilla extract and mix.
4. Add all purpose flour slowly and combine well to form a soft non sticky dough.
Note: If the dough is crumbly, add 1 tbsp water and mix. If the dough is sticky, add 1-2 tsp all purpose flour and knead.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F)
6. Shape the dough into small balls and press with a fork to form lines. Carefully withdraw the fork. Arrange on a lined baking tray. Leave some space between the biscuits as they expand while baking. This recipe makes 36-40 biscuits.
7. Bake in the oven at 180 C (350 F) for /18 to 20 minutes. I baked for 20 minutes.
8. Cool them on a cooling rack for 45 minutes and store in air tight jar. Crispy, buttery, melt in the mouth butter biscuits are ready to serve!
1. If you are using unsalted butter, add just a pinch of salt when you are adding the flour. Do not add more than a pinch
2. Using whole wheat flour in this recipe is not recommended as it will turn hard and dense and will not produce the same results!
3. I used hand mixer to mix butter and sugar until pale and fluffy (takes about 2 minutes). If you are using whisk, it will take longer to achieve the consistency!