Hakka Noodles| Easy and Healthy No-fry Chinese Hakka Noodles
To boil Noodles:
- Noodles- 1 pack (150 g)
- Water- 4 cups
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Oil- 1 tsp + 2 tsp
Vegetables, Sauces and Spices:
- Spring onion white- 3
- Garlic- 2 cloves
- Onion- 1/2
- Carrot- 1
- Cabbage- 1 cup
- Capsicum- 1 medium (or) Coloured bell peppers- 1/4 each
- Spring onion green- 4 stems
- Salt- as required
- Ground black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Soy sauce- 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar- 1 tsp
- Green chilli sauce- 1 tbsp
- Tomato sauce- 1 tbsp (OR) Tomato chilli sauce- 1.5 to 2 tbsp
- Ajino moto- 1 tsp (or) Hakka noodles masala- 2 tsp (Optional)
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp
1. Heat water in a pan and when it boils, add salt and 1 tsp oil and add the noodles and gently immerse into the water and cook till soft. Check on the noodles every two minutes to avoid over cooking.
2. Once done, filter the noodles and wash in cold water and add 2 tsp oil to it and mix well and set aside.
3. Chop the vegetables as shown and set aside.
4. Heat oil in a large pan in high flame and add garlic and spring onion white and sauté for a few seconds
5. Add onion and sauté till pink.
6. Add cabbage, capsicum, carrot along with salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until the raw smell leaves. Take care not to burn the vegetables
7. Add black pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, green chilli sauce and tomato sauce. Mix well and cook for a minute. Add Hakka noodles masala if adding.
8. Add the noodles and toss well to coat the sauces and mix well with the vegetables. Cook in high flame for a minute.
9. Add spring onion green and switch off. Serve hot with manchurian, this noodles tastes best even without any side dish!